Internetwork Engineering, Charlotte, NC
12/11 – Present
- As the primary Citrix consultant at IE, I serve as the liaison for all things Citrix related, representing the Consulting, Pre-Sales and Sales teams alone in some cases. Responsible for maintaining Citrix partner account and maintaining the certifications required to sell Citrix.
- Strong desire to see customers, employees, and the global Citrix community learn and succeed in the ever-changing world of technology. Active participant in many educational channels including blogs, social media, and Citrix User Groups.
- Lead consultant and project manager over a large systems upgrade and decommission project in the healthcare space. Project began as a 6 month contract to provide assistance, and has expanded into full management and ownership of the upgrade process in the 6th year running.
- Project management, server design, implementation of over 2,400 Windows servers that were approaching end of life and risk of HIPAA violation. Follow the entire lifecycle from information gathering with application teams, requirement gathering and design of new upgraded system, implementation, testing, and decommissioning old hardware.
- Design and implement mobile, application, and desktop environments for customers in both the SMB and enterprise space. Products used include the entire Citrix product suite, Citrix networking products, as well as VMware hypervisors.
- Design, implement, and maintain IE’s Citrix Demo Center, which is an effective tool to educate and demo features and enhancements for current or prospective Citrix customers.
- Successfully deliver customer projects including Health Checks, Assessments, and Proof of Concepts, with a focus on expanding the need of the customer to retain IE services on future projects.
- Provide support to customers through our On-Demand support offering; troubleshooting and supporting Citrix, Windows, and VMware issues.
- Work closely with Citrix’ Sales Engineers and Partner account management teams to come up with new and creative ideas on how to land new Citrix business or expand existing customer environments.
- Help educate customers new to Citrix by providing on-site training and highly detailed, and easy to read, documentation. Regularly provide customers with links to information and training on new product enhancements so they can remain fluent in Citrix.
Citrix Systems, New York, NY
- Designed and implemented unique virtual application and desktop environments in the enterprise space using the entire Citrix product suite.
- Established a consultant-client relationship while engaged on customer facing projects.
- Effectively used time off of projects to broaden my technical knowledge through use of self-study materials and instructor-led training.
- Effectively used free time to complete project deliverables on or before date promised to my team and the clients.
- Used technical knowledge to design and develop technical solutions that met or exceeded project requirements and expectations.
- Communicated with the customer throughout the consulting engagement to ensure the customer understood why we configured something the way we did, or why a change to their environment was recommended.
- Resolved issues and performed troubleshooting techniques within a Citrix environment.
- Created highly detailed client deliverables such as Infrastructure Assessments, Health Checks, Issue Resolutions, Proof of Concepts, and Run Books.
- Strategically divided problems in to manageable pieces and followed an organized approach to resolving them.
- Gathered and analyzed ‘key findings’ during projects, and presented these findings to upper management and/or technical staff. Provided a list of immediate, short-term, and long-term recommendations to key stakeholders regarding changes to the Citrix environment.
AON Hewitt Associates, Orlando, FL
Setup Configuration Analyst
- Communicated with teams across the globe to gather information about our customers, built key requirements, and executed test plans.
- Configured, tested, and implemented new and existing software applications tailored to customer requirements.
- Built and tested reporting systems that generated retirement reports for clients and trusts.
- Trusted to handle highly sensitive personal information of our customers.
- Demonstrated and followed SDLC methodology to successfully complete projects.
- Managed proprietary benefits management software.
Fix IT Rob, Orlando, FL
Self-employed IT Professional
- Performed basic on-site helpdesk tasks including virus and spyware removal, hardware analysis and installation, software debugging and installation, networking and OS upgrades
- Consulted with clients about business management changes through the use of new technology
- Successfully held tutoring sessions for clients on software or hardware changes incurred by new technology and business changes
- Authored basic websites for clients which did not have a web presence
Premier Athletics of Wakulla, Crawfordville, FL
- Trained young athletes to develop their gymnastic skills
- Demonstrated proper technique and safety
- Organized and structured team practices
- Motivated children to become more active in athletics
- Supervised summer camp and after school programs
- Reviewed athletes skills and improvements to prepare for advancing classes
- ATCCA Level 5 certification
- Maintained company website
- Data entry, customer database
Web Development, Tallahassee, FL
Self-Employed Web Developer
- Researched client’s businesses and formulated intended audience’s expectations
- Listened to client’s needs and proposed ideas to integrate into the client’s site
- Collected data about the company to create informational web pages
- Provided advice to clients about writing for the web
- Implemented W3C standards
- Designed unique, professional, and easily navigable layouts
- Handled all domain reservations and web servers
- Authored websites for clients using Microsoft Expression Web and Adobe Photoshop
- Published finalized websites to appropriate servers
Best Buy, Tallahassee, FL
Retail and Wireless Sales Rep
- Promoted and sold three different wireless carriers, phones and accessories
- Promoted and sole several different MP3 players and accessories
- Researched and increased knowledge of products to be sold
- Assisted customers in operating phones and MP3 players
- Supervised day-to-day operations within the department
- Coordinated employee schedules
- Reviewed and evaluated employee’s monthly performance
- Trained 4 employees for sales positions
- Organized daily re-stocking and inventory
- Reported inventory to manager daily
The Dumont Company, Oviedo, FL
Administrative Aid/Warehouse Assistant
- Customer database entry
- Oversaw typical warehouse duties
- Prepared for shipping and receiving orders
- Trained employees on proper safety in handling hazardous chemicals
- Trained employees on proper safety on forklifts
- Operated forklifts, chemical pumps/feeders, and hydraulic lifts
- Prepared weekly inventory reports
- Assembled various types of chemical containments
- Advised customers on proper use of equipment
- Organized driver’s daily routes
- Repaired and assembled various chemical pumps and feeders
- Installed various pumps and feeders in customer’s containment areas